Friday, February 24, 2006

On Happiness

A friend once asked me if i was happy with my current situation. See, i'm now well nested within family walls and day in and day out i routinary go to work, home, work, and the endless cycle goes on. None of the carefree life i once had in college wherein there's cute profs and we gals gush over 'em endlessly and the thesis days wherein we'd sleep in late and go to friends' places for overnight. Of course there are also those wild rendevouz that may seem "wild" to me coz i was raised traditionally. There were times when i lived in suspense, because of my rebelliousness, i feared for the outcome of my actions. Thankfully I managed through all those headaches. ^^ Yea i had fun. IF that was the case. But it was all temporary. I grew distant from my family and thought if only i had someone to snatch me out of my 4-walled house then i would indeed be happy. But life isn't that easy. One has to deal with the problems and realities in life. Not escape them. So in essence, the famous saying "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is applicable to me now. Instead of doing it my way, i learned to embrace my present situation. To accept that this is my lot and make the most out of the opportunity presented to me. That is why my signature in a particular forum goes: "Live to the Hilt every situation you believe to be the Will of God ~ J. Elliot". Thus i have started anew and thankfully learned a lot during my rebellious years. There's a lesson waiting for us to learn at every nook and cranny of this school we call life.

Right now, i can answer that i am indeed happy. Content in singleness. Happy and loved by family. A simple life with simple expectations. ^^

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger cheanne said...

Kudos to you sis for finding happiness in whatever situation you are in! Galing mo hehe =)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger pamie said...

hmmm... kaw yng magaling sa atin sis!! ehhehe!!! ako hanggang copy and paste lang.. ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home