Sunday, June 10, 2007

When God shouts...

Longest time since I last blogged something coz I usually write down thoughts in a journal, far from prying eyes. But these things that happen are just too good not to blog.. So hopefully will take a time out of ur eyelids and may the pixie dust not be spread over your eyes while reading.. :D

Funny when you ask God for something, He always, always answers back in riddle format, or some obscure language that we can't understand? Well just yesterday, while i was feeling the blues, I asked God to actually shout His will at me. Coz I'm the person whose a bit deaf and blind.

To excuse you guys from the boredom of these all, i just wanna share the devotion I had a while ago, coz yesterday I was really feeling bluer than blue and downcast than the clouded sky. I felt like I was suffocating from the air inside that I needed to breathe... so I went out yesterday, purposely to buy some tennis balls (but the store was closed due to lunch time) and at the same time to get some outside air and rethink all that has been happening... Everything seems to be so fast paced now. With 3 years into isolation and constant cry to God "Why? Why don't you want to paint that part of my life?" and i became so accustomed to work and the sobreity of life, when suddenly, God decides to haul you off and cast of some fellow characters for you to decide. And then comes the part where I fear most, the part where things seem to go against the tide and became the whole entire reason I decided to back out from the game in the first place. But i feel that God wants me not to escape this chance once again. He wants me to learn from this time around. And lessons. Yes there were lessons.

First would be: don't put your heart at stake. Keep everything paced (That would be easy to say, hard to comply, harder to do)
Secondly, you don't choose, or you loose. Give God the right to choose and whatever the outcome maybe, rest assured that He meant best for you.
Third, learning to submit. That of course goes well with the second lesson. Coz if you voice out your opinions, you will never, ever learn to submit.

Amazingly, my morning devotion coincides with the lesson that I should learn, coinciding with the devotional I have read today, is exactly the pastor's message today... so what more do i need to hear God's voice? I find God genuinely humorous as I heard the songs sang "Faithful Father" and "Olives that had known no pressure"... those of which were the songs I actually came through a while ago...

The sermon awhile ago was on Joseph and how God molded him to be Egypt's finest governor. It was not in his household where Jacob's love abound that God perfected Joseph, but it was 10years serving under Potiphar and 3 more years in prison, where his good deeds were forgotten and where he was unjustly accused of doing. For in All things. All things, God works for the good of those who love him. Who were called According to his purpose.

Well look how similar it is to my morning read from Streams in the Desert Sept 10 entry...

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me"

When a person who suffers reaches a point where he can be calm and carefree, inwardly smiling at his own suffering, and no longer asking God to be delivered from it, then the suffering has accomplished its blesses ministry, perseverance has "finished its work" and the pain of the Crucifixion has begun to weave itself into a crown.
It is in this condition, our entire being lies perfectily still under the hand of God, every power and ability of the mind, will, and heart are at last submissive; a quiteness of eternity settles into the entire soul; and finally, the mouth becomes quiet, having only a few words to say, and stops crying out the words Christ quoted on the cross "My God, my god, why have you forsaken me?"
At this point the person stops imagining castles in the sky, and pursuing foolish ideas, and his reasoning becomes calm and relaxed, with all choices removed, becasuse the only choice has now become the purpose of God. Also, his emotions are weaned away from other people and things, becoming deadened so that nothing can hurt, offend, hinder, or get in his way. He can now let the circumstances be what they may, and continue to seek only God and His will, with the calm assurance that He is causing everything int eh universe, whether good or bad, past or present, to work "for the good of those who love him" (Rom 8:28)
The main thing is to suffer without becoming discouraged. Fracois Fenelon
The heart that serves, and loves, and clings,
Hears everywhere the rush of angel wings.

Now, doesn't that prove that God still shouts when we ask for it? :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home