Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Leaning Hard on God

When facing the uncertain tomorrow, and when all else is against you, you have no one to turn to, not even one. Coz those meaning to help you can't provide you with the strength that you need, neither can they bring any hope. Putting your hope in the strength of others is also futile. In these moments, all i could do is play songs and keep a brave face all day long. Assuring myself that all is well.
Thank God that He is still there for me. When things go not too well, He is just there, telling me that He knows what I feel, coz he also became human.
Here is another peek of my entry in my morning devotion... Streams Sept 12

Child of My love, lean hard, And let me feel the pressure of your care;
I know your burden, child, I shaped it;
Balanced it in Mine own hand; made no proportion
In its weight to your unaided strength,
For even as I laid it on, I said,
"I will be near, and while she leans on Me,
This burden will be Mine, not hers;
So will I keep My child within the circling arms of My own love."
Here lay it down, nor fear
To impose it on a shoulder that upholds the government of worlds.
Yet closer come;
You are not near enough. I would embrace your care;
So I might feel My child reclining on My breast.
You loved Me. I know. So then do not doubt;
But loving me, LEAN HARD."

One could only learn to appreciate these words when one is in deep trouble. Otherwise, these words will only be taken in passing, without any thought. Praise God that He constantly gives us grace to sustain us in our current situation.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home