Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Baguio Beforehand.. =D

Prologue:
Before going to Baguio, I was prepared to have a good time. I even thought of going with my brothers to live in luxury. But of course God didn't want to leave me. I don't know what was on His mind but here are some of the stuffs that i heard that changed my way of thinking:

a. Bro Moses talked of Free lodging, free food, and nothing to do at all except to listen! One might think that listening is such a bore. But if one thinks more of it, one can attain true rest by doing nothing except listening.. ^^ If i lived in luxury, i just think of the free food and lodging going to waste...

b. Bro Fred talked about the purpose of going. Is it SM Baguio? There are lots of SM malls here in Metro Manila (i have thought, and there are no difference in their construction whatsoever..) Is it strawberries? There are lots of it in Landmark.. First of all, i didn't intend to prepare my heart at all. As i have said, my purpose of going was to live luxuriously and liesurely. My real reason on going? (I have researched the Internet on great places to go and dine out!) I even wanted to have a taste of Good Shephered UBE JAM!! and the banana bread of Country Club, and the chocolate de batirol of camp john hay. You wouldn't believe... I stayed almost 4 days there and i haven't even attained a single thing that i desired!!! Talk about luck (sarcastic with myself) ^^!! hehehe... After hearing those words though, I thought of wanting to know Christ more. Nevermind the stuffs i mentioned above. I can get those (maybe) at Market Market! But to know Christ, now that's a powerful thing. I made a wager with God. I would offer up my all, if He could touch me there as He did 1998.. because 1998 marks the year that i was filled up with the Holy Spirit, because I really prepared my heart for that, but after going back to manila that same year, my personality didn't change at all.

c. some side comments made by a relative. On going there to be filled up like a gasoline and going down empty again. I didn't believe in that. In the session of filling with the Holy Spirit, I said to God that it would be so IMPOSSIBLE for a GREAT God to fill us up and then leave us empty again. I wouldn't like that experience like 1998, so fired up and then going down so defeated the next year...

d. a person who was testifying on his drawing near to God. I know that person to be a SOMEONE in the community yet changed completely. I just wanted to know what he had found out that led him to thirst for God in a new way.

The sermons and my viewpoints will follow.... ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home